To Whom It May Concern:
Thank you for taking the time to review my resume. I am eager to fine myself placed into a role that can best leverage my project management and people skills.
I am an experienced IT professional with a broad skill set which spans the gambit of hardware/software through infrastructure management, and information security. The ideal, opportunity for me, would take advantage of my innate problem solving skills and my ability to see through an issue and architect a solution utilizing existing resources, with the appropriate introduction of stable technologies best suited for the task.
I have people management experience and a true believer in Lean Six Sigma; every good solution begins with a focused process which strides to find the best use of available resources and tools.
My most recent experience has been related to web, and database design and architecture. I am currently designing and managing the ongoing development of information solutions for security reporting and compliance using .NET and C# with MS SQL server back-end databases.
In all of my roles, be they development, administrative in nature, or technical engineering, the hallmark of my success has been directly linked to my ability to manage the projects and tasks that I had before me and bring my team along with me, as we sought out the best solution for automation and efficiency.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Resume of Kenneth K Carter
1140 Tribe Trail ♦ Alabaster, Alabama 35007 ♦ (205)436-6908
- Project Management and People skills are consistent threads throughout the individual’s history.
- Proven ability to deliver results in a variety of assigned roles; Project Management, Leadership, Solution Design, Development, System and Network Engineering
- Strong background in architecture involving both hardware and software solutions.
- Successful multi-faceted leadership including administrative, operations, and development teams as subordinates; while performing project management and solution architect role.
- Successful management of multiple diverse teams across the three continents; the teams included development, operations, and process engineering and oversight.
- Proficient with MS-SQL, including Reporting services and SSIS. Programming experience includes scripting, VB and C# with augmentation in AJAX along with some Java Script.
- Currently engaged in a security administration and monitoring role which includes adherence to HIPPA, FDA, and other regulatory standards and requirements.
- Specific experience: MS-SQL 2005 to current (including Reporting Services and SQL Services Integration Services), design (infrastructure and software), documentation, management support, problem analysis and resolution, programming (scripts, VB, and C#), project management, requirements definition and gathering, security compliance, solution research and planning, and troubleshooting.
- (Early career) technical sales experience, support, and technology instruction.
- Also experienced in: network design and support, technical classroom instruction (including course development), consulting and assessment of IT infrastructure, and hardware and software solutions.
05/2015 – Present Cahaba Government Benefit Administrators Birmingham, AL
Systems Engineer III
- Manage Projects, Develop Solutions, Designing and building intranet web interfaces and applications with SQL database back ends, in support of Information Security Compliance.
- MS-SQL 2008 – 2016 administration and reporting, including T-SQL, backup and maintenance scheduling and management, data integration
- Creating databases and table structures focused on information security solutions for the Information Security Compliance team
- Streamline processes to both monitor information security and to manage security documentation in addition to tracking critical elements in documenting security compliance
- Use of Visual Studio 2015 - 2017 using VB, ASP.NET, C#, Entity Framework, and AJAX extensions with MS-SQL databases
08/2007 to 05/2015 HP Enterprise Services – Bristol Meyer Squibb Princeton, NJ
Specialist – Team Lead and Infrastructure Analyst
- Provided Lead Management for team of 11 IT professionals from USA (administrative), India (development), and Costa Rica (operations).
- Project management of ongoing development of security compliance monitoring tool set.
- Primary design architect for ongoing development of security compliance monitoring tool set.
- Administration of MS-SQL Server 2002 – 2005, including SSIS and Reporting Services.
- Coordinated and directed compliance monitoring team for global scope.
- Application architecture and design for security compliance monitoring and reporting based on a custom web portal with SQL database backend with a Symantec ESM/CCM frontend; hardware and software architecture.
- Monitored the compliance of servers, databases, and directory assets inside the customer environment in accordance with client and government regulatory requirements
- Administrated over review and QA testing of new systems being introduced into the security monitoring area
- Customer interface for reporting on the monitoring activity with the client teams, IT Security and Quality Assurance
08/2005 to 07/2007 EDS – AT&T South East (BellSouth) Birmingham, AL
- Managed development projects for team related to all web based (intranet) solutions.
- Web Application design of security related database driven web applications and resources for data collection and reporting enterprise wide
- Web Application Development of the same:
o Programing in VB / ASP.NET in Visual Studio 2005
o MS-SQL 2005
- Database, table, SP, Backup, maintenance task creation and administration
- SSIS administration
- SSRS administration
08/2004 to 08/2005 Shelby County Board of Education Shelby County, AL
Network Engineering / Security / Email Administration/Related Project mgt.
06/2003 to 08/2004 Birmingham City Schools / Logista Solutions Birmingham, AL
Network Engineering/Email Administration/ Related Project mgt.
05/2002 to 06/2003 Internet Concepts Hoover, AL
Network engineering/Server Administration/Solution Development/Project mgt.
08/2001 to 01/2002 EDS at BellSouth Birmingham, AL
09/91 to 03/2001 Yeo & Yeo Computer Consulting, LLC Saginaw, MI
System Engineering/Consulting/Project mgt./Support
Huntington College Huntington, IN
- MSCP – Microsoft Certified Professional
- CNE - Netware 3.x - 5.x
- CA - Citrix Winframe 1.6